Hiring vs. Outsourcing: How Caskey Group Can Help Your Business
Posted on July 12th, 2017
Is your staff stretched too thin? Do you need help with Marketing and Graphic Design? One of the biggest questions companies face today when they want to grow is whether to invest in hiring an in-house employee, or whether outsourcing the role to an agency, such as Caskey Group, offers better value for the money.
At Caskey Group, we understand that this is a difficult decision to make, and there are many pros and cons to each option. Although every situation is unique, the list below highlights many of the key advantages and disadvantages of hiring and outsourcing to help you decide what is best for your company.
For many companies, hiring an employee directly to fill a position is still considered the norm, but there are several advantages and disadvantages to consider before investing in a new marketing specialist or graphic designer.
– An employee will have a more in-depth knowledge of your company, its day-to-day activities, and your brand.
– The skills developed on specific projects stay in house, and are available for later use.
– As an employer, you have more control and flexibility when it comes to managing your project.
– You may get a faster turnaround time for projects kept in-house depending on employee workload.
– As your company grows, your needs change. Employees may not have the specific skills required to meet these changing needs.
– There are numerous costs associated with in-house employees, including taxes, training, software and employee benefit packages, such as insurance, 401K’s and paid time off.
– It can be difficult finding the right candidate to fit your company’s needs.
Just because hiring in-house is considered the norm, does not mean it is right for your business. In fact, 78% of small businesses believe outsourcing gives them an advantage over competitors.
Outsourcing allows you and your employees to focus on other, more important, responsibilities without getting tied up with extra work that can potentially be done more efficiently and inexpensively by outside resources.
– Outsourcing can be very cost-effective. When hiring an agency, you gain access to a full team of professionals and all the knowledge they possess, at a fraction of the cost to hire full-time employees.
– Agencies offer a range of experience and specialized skills that one employee may not have. Caskey Group has more than 4 designers on staff, and a number of other employees who have experience designing for a wide variety of industries and mediums.
– There is no need to invest in special tools or software to get the job done; Caskey Group has all the tools to complete your project on time and on budget.
– By outsourcing your design, you gain a new outside perspective that can help keep your marketing materials fresh.
– In some industries, there will be a learning curve. No one is going to understand the ins and outs of your company better than an internal team, but Caskey Group’s extensive on-boarding process is designed to gather the maximum amount of information in the shortest amount of time.
– Outsourcing work is meant to lighten your load, but this also means you are no longer in full control, which can be a scary concept for a company. Caskey Group will work diligently with you to make sure all your expectations are being met.
Why Caskey Group?
We have a proven track record of success. Since 1986, Caskey Group has helped organizations across the country fulfill their marketing and communications needs by providing them with More Communications and More Results.
Founded as a commercial printing company, Caskey Printing began adding in-house mailing, bindery, and digital printing services to fulfill its clients’ print-based communications needs.
As new technologies emerged, Caskey added online marketing tools to complement its clients’ printing communications.
Today, Caskey Group is an integrated marketing and communications firm with company-owned, in-house commercial printing and mailing facilities. We offer a wide variety of services on top of our core printing and mailing services, including integrated communications, creative services, signage and vehicles wraps, as well as promotions and apparel, that can be customized to meet your company’s specific needs.
With over 40 employees on staff, Caskey Group has experience working with a wide variety of industries including healthcare, education, manufacturing and more. Caskey Group’s marketing and design team will work directly with your company to ensure we achieve your goals. Our goal is to provide you with all the advantages of having an in-house employee, but without the hiring costs.
So what do you have to lose? If you would like to speak to a Caskey Group Representative about the possibility of outsourcing your marketing and design work, please contact us today.